The Galle Face Hotel, acting in strict conformity with the guidelines issued by the authorities, have taken proactive measures to subject the employees in the Hotel to PCR tests as a few of our employees visited the Peliyagoda Fish Market, concerned by the recent outbreak. The concerned employees have been undergoing self-quarantine at their residences.
- We were, informed a short while ago, that all tested employees had a negative PCR test result.
The Management has already taken further steps to enforce the rigorous disinfection of the entirety of the Hotel’s premises and will ensure that, as a precautionary measure, its staff are subject to proactive PCR tests on a regular basis. Full operations at the Hotel will resume. As always, we will remain in consultation with the health authorities
At the start of the pandemic in January 2020, the hotel implemented COVID-19 preparedness and preventive measures which includes:
- ARRIVAL – Employees, guests and suppliers are temperature checked and personal details recorded, contactless greetings and luggage sanitization to ensure safe and seamless arrivals of guests.
- CLEANING TECHNOLOGY – We use the latest sterilization, disinfection and cleaning technologies to ensure the highest possible levels of cleanliness.
- PUBLIC AREAS – Enhanced cleaning schedules and sanitation of high touch surfaces to ensure a safe environment for our employees and guests. Hand sanitizing stations can be found throughout the Hotel. Tissues and Foot/Pedal operated closed bins are available in public areas and open spaces. Social distancing guidance and protocols have been implemented in all areas.
- RESTAURANTS AND BARS – Table spacing and À la carte only dining to ensure physical distancing and the highest hygiene and safety standards.
- TEAM MEMBERS – All our employees have received enhanced health and safety training, including correct procedures for wearing personal protective equipment and physical distance awareness.
- The safety of our employees and guests remains the priority of the management of the hotel, and we continue to stay vigilant.
- 26th October 2020